1.21.2011

Fill in the Blank Friday.

1. My favorite quote is "'Tis better to be silent and considered a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." I have to say I'm not sure I always follow that guideline anymore. Perhaps I should, especially at work. 

2. A bad habit I have is saying "that's fine" when it's really not or when I don't want to do something but feel like I don't want to disappoint someone. I always just say that's fine. (Hmm...this seems to contradict #1. At work, I do not usually say "that's fine," instead I do express my opinion, but to other people, I often so this.)

3. The first time I felt like a "grown up" was I'm honestly not really sure...I have moments of "really?! I have a house (a mortgage)!, a kid!, car payments!, I'm 32!, when did this all happen!! Ten years ago this year, I graduated with my bachelor's degree. Crazy, I say! I guess I should get my act together real soon, huh?

4. Weekends are too short! Who wants to lobby with me a for a four day work week. Seriously, I would do everything in four days just to get one extra weekend day. I really think people would be more productive if they had less hours to spend at work.

5. When I was a child I wished my name was  Kristen or maybe Amanda. Anything by Angela, which I actually don't ever remember being called (except by two of my aunts and an uncle that I rarely ever saw). In fourth or fifth grade, I decided to spell the shortened version of my name with only an "i" as in Angi (not Angie). It's been that way ever since. There was no discussion about this with my parents or anything, I just did it, but I don't remember them ever questioning it at all.

6. I wish I could travel more. (So in other words, I wish I had enough money to be able to travel more.) I don't necessarily mean lay-on-a-beach-travel, rather big-cities-little-cities-backpack-countryside-explore-travel.

7. A secret I have is that I also can't swallow pills. Sometimes I can, but sometimes I just can't. I also can't chug anything. Shots, nope. A glass of water, lemonade, pop, anything, nope. The hubs thinks this is hilarious, but it's serious. I'm a sipper and that's all I can do.

Found here. Join in.

1 comment:

Emily Powell said...

I love exploring travel. My husband and I did a beach trip once and got bored...although the beach does sound nice right about now.