2.28.2011

Loosening my Grip

I read this post on Small Notebook. Then I read it again. Then I immediately went to the bookshelf in my spare bedroom (aka. room where I put stuff that I don't know what to do with but think I am not ready to part with) and promptly put 20 or books that I have been hanging on to for 15+ years in a "donate" bag.

I want to bookmark that post and just read it every day. I am over "stuff" too and want to learn to live with and need less because I have bigger (see 2011 resolution number eight), more important things I want to do. So far, I've only made one trip to goodwill this year and thrown some stuff away, but it's not enough. The goodwill truck is coming through my neighborhood this week and I plan to have some bags/boxes ready for them.

Goodbye unnecessary stuff. I don't need you. In fact, I'm better off without you.

No comments: