3.07.2011

Five for Friday (on the Monday after)

Lists are good. I think I'll go with lists as a way to actually keep up an attempt to blog.

(Ok, it's Monday, but I'm writing this as if it were last Friday. Bear with me here, ok?)

1 // this week at work i came across a negative comment someone made about me. it was an interesting experience for me to see this comment written in print, and it was equally enlightling to me personally to discover how it made me feel. unlike what i might have expected my reaction to be, i was suprised that i was not angry or upset but rather i was energized and motivated by it. the comment was unsubstantiated and after about .5 seconds of thinking about it, i quickly came to the conclusion that i shouldn't worry about it. the commenter make herself look silly so i wasn't going to make myself look foolish as well by responding in a negative manner. obviously, i am still thinking about it so the effect of the comment has lingered, but i still feel motivated and almost freed by it.

2 // wyatt turned nine months old last week (photos forthcoming). he weighs 21 lbs, 5 ozs and is 28.5 inches long.

3 // so ready for spring. so ready! love the days (just one or two a week at this point) with sun shining, birds chirping, even it if is only 45 degrees. last week, i even saw some daffodils pushing up. happiness.

4 // my sugar addiction needs to stop. why am i so lacking motivation on this front? i've been carrying around my food diary for a few weeks now, thinking that one day i'll just start using it again. not yet, unfortunately.

5 // did i mention spring?!

No comments: